Sunday, September 11, 2016

Welcome to my language blog

Hello, there! I am an instructor of Spanish as a Foreign Language, teaching basic Spanish to equivalent to A1 of the CEFR (acronym for Common European Framework of Reference) in a school in my city, and I created this blog to share my experiences, stories, musings and perhaps also knowledge about linguistics and foreign languages, especially Spanish. I am a language enthusiast. So through the years I've gained several foreign languages aside from Spanish, albeit not perfectly fluent in them. One of them is Portuguese, which I can speak very well, and the other is French, which I can speak very little. Both of them I started learning some years back, although I have discontinued them, because I am now more focused in Spanish, since it's in line with my work as a teacher.

Currently I am trying my hand on learning Deutsch (German, that is), despite my busy schedule at work. I admit it's a difficult and complicated language, yet a very beautiful-sounding one. Having past what is considered the heyday of language acquisition, I'm not sure how quickly I could grasp the German language, but I am positive that, through my strong interest and constant motivation, it is possible. Hopefully I can find German native speakers who will teach it to me. If you are, don't hesitate to contact me! :)

Going back to the Romance languages... I guess I've known three fifths of them (Spanish, Portuguese and French) already. Although I am also looking forward to start Italian, another beautiful language. However, I am not quite optimistic about Romanian because, in my opinion, it's the least close Romance language to Spanish (given its many Slavic influences). But who knows? Since I'm also interested in acquiring a Slavic language (at least one of the several existing in Eastern Europe), perhaps Romanian would be the easiest for me to gain access to the true Slavic languages such as Polish, Bulgarian, Czech, Russian etc.

I consider myself a polyglot able to speak five languages, to wit: English, Tagalog (sometimes called Filipino), Chavacano (a Spanish creole and my native tongue), Spanish and Portuguese.

I'd like to continue my polyglot journey to be able to speak at least 10 languages at the same time :) Polyglots out there, I hope you help me out! Haha... We're all in this together, hahahaha!

If you have questions, feel free to ask! I love questions. But don't ask questions that I can't answer! Hahahaha :D

See you! Nos vemos! Até logo! Tschüss! Au revoir! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment