Thursday, October 4, 2018

Aesop's Story with Morals

Hi. I´m back with translating fables 😊I know this one here is quite short, but I like its moral lesson. 

I think the moral of this story has something to do with one of my favorite mottos 🌹Beauty is in the eye of the beholder 🌹, that's why I am sharing.. I guess you'll like it! :)
(Source of the story is http://www.storyit.com/Classics/Stories/roosterjewel.htm)


The Rooster and the Jewel
an Aesop Fable

       A very hungry rooster was scratching and digging in the dirt looking for food. He scratched and dug and finally found a beautiful jewel. He was amazed at how the gem shone glittered.
rooster and jewel

       "This is a very fine and beautiful thing," he thought, "but I would rather have one tasty kernel of corn instead."
____________________________________

MORAL :What is a treasure to one may be worthless to another.




**********************************

Here's my translation  
of the very short fable to Spanish!

El Gallo y La Joya
un fábula de Aesop

Un gallo hambriento arañaba la tierra cavándola a fin de encontrar su comida. Arañaba y cavaba hasta que por fin encontró una joya muy bonita. ¡Le era asombroso cómo la piedra preciosa brillaba! 

-- Esta es una cosa tan preciosa y fina -- pensó -- sin embargo, preferiría más bien un grano de maíz delicioso.

La moraleja: Lo que es un tesoro a uno puede serle una cosa sin valor al otro.


So there you go! I hope you enjoyed the story! 😇😉

No comments:

Post a Comment